Finely Chopped Onion(venkayam nantraka narukiyathu)-3
Finely chooped Tomato medium sized(takkalli nantraka narukiyathu)-2
red chillli powder(vathal podi)-1 tbsp
coriander powder(tania podi)-1tbsp
Ginger Garlic Paste(Enchi pondu viluthu)-1 tbsp
Mint leaves,Coriander leaves,Curry leaves(pudia,kothamalli,kariveppalai mundrum sirthalvu)-Few leaves in each
Oil to fry- 10 tbsp
Salt to taste
Tumeric powder(manjal podi)-1/4 tbsp.
- In a frying pressure pan add oil(more of oil gives better taste),allow it to get heat then add mustard seeds, when it sprouts or splits then add onion. fry it till it becomes transparent pink .
- Now add tomato and keep frying when it is done add pudina,coriander and curry leaves, green chillies,ginger garlic paste,red chilli powder,coriander powder saute them well so that they get mixed well with each other.
- You can now add chicken,stir it around so that that the masala spreads evenly all over the chicken, pour water until the chicken is immersed to 3/4 level. add salt as per your taste.
- Close the lid and put the pressure pan weight leave it for the first whistle and allow it to be in low flame for 20 mins.
- Open the lid and see whether chicken cooked well if not allow it to cook for few more minutes say 2-3 minutes more,without closing the lid.At this time if you want it to be little more watery add little water and bring it to boil and wait for 5 more minutes.
- Hmmm....thats it we are done with delicious Chicken Gravy .Have it with rice, Chappati,Dosa or any dish you like.
- This is one method and other method you can just fry mustards seeds,curry leaves,onions,tomato add ginger garlic paste then add chicken and add chicken masala from Brands like Aachi chicken masala or Sakthi chicken masala.When you add these kind of ready made masala it is easy for you.as there is no need to add or prepare any masala for gravy.